|“||Seek the Mate!||”|
—Tommy Oliver, Episode 1
Many Legion Mate cards appear sharing artworks side by side, and each have the half of Legion symbol in a corner of the card frame, with the exception of some.
The main vanguard is called "Legion Leader" and the mate is called "Legion Mate"
How it WorksEdit
Legion works as a way to have two vanguards in one. It is an [ACT] ability which can only be activated during the main phase, your vanguard may return four cards (normal unit or trigger unit) from your drop zone to your deck once, then taking the "Legion Mate" card (its name appears marked in red) from your deck (called "Seek Mate"), placing it at the left on the same vanguard circle as your vanguard, and combining both units into a single vanguard. Using this ability is called "perform Legion". Afterwards, for the rest of the game, those two units attack together at the same time (called "Legion Attack"), combining their power totals. Also, when a unit is Legion, they get a Legion Skill.
"Legion Mate" is still considered a single vanguard, and you still can...
- Boost it by unit in the back row. In that, you must choose which of the two units to boost (for units like Wingal Brave that requires boosting specific names)
- Ride a unit on top of it. In that case, Legion Mate becomes soul.
Also, don't forget that...
- When the attack of your vanguard in Legion hits a vanguard, it deals damage equal to your Legion Leader's critical. Also, the attack only counts as a single hit, not two hits.
- Units such as Knight of Loyalty, Bedivere can activate its effects if your vanguard in Legion has a Mate that can fulfill the requirements.
- A vanguard can only perform Legion once regardless in which way it was achieved; if a player wishes to perform another Legion and/or return four cards to the deck, he/she must first ride a new vanguard that can Legion.
- If a Legion Mate is removed from (VC) due to an effect, the player must ride a new vanguard in order to perform Legion since its old vanguard has already performed Legion.
List of Legion Mate CardsEdit
|Holy Edge Celestial, Malchedael||Overdose Celestial, Asmodel|
|Blue Storm Marine General, Michael||Blue Storm Marine General, Milos|
|Blue Storm Marine General, Zaharias||Blue Storm Marine General, Ianis|
|Blue Storm Wave Dragon, Tetra-burst Dragon||Blue Storm Marine General, Starless|
|Duo, Fall in Heart Victoria||Duo, Fall in Heart Quincy|
|Dream Team, Madre||Dream Team, Dios|
|Rising Star, Trois||Top Idol, Riviere|
|Amon's Leader, Astaroth||Demon World Marquis, Amon|
|Psychicer of Ash, Hadar||Psychicer of Dust, Izaya|
|Metalborg, Cezalion||Metalborg, Digarion|
|Metalborg, Dryon||Metalborg, Lionetter|
|Metalborg, Sin Buster||Metalborg, Ur Buster|
|True Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser||Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daiyusha|
|Ruin Disposal Dragon||Steam Knight, Puzur-ili|
|Witch Doctor of the Dead Sea, Negrobolt||Dragon Undead, Ghoul Dragon|
|Young Pirate Noble, Pinot Noir||Beauty Pirate, Pinot Blanc|
|Magic Scientist, Tester Fox||Illusion Scientist, Researcher Fox|
|Machining Tarantula Mark II||Machining Hornet Mark II|
|Onmyo Stealth Rogue, Seimei||Transformation Stealth Rogue, Kuzunoha|
|Carnation Musketeer, Richard||Carnation Musketeer, Berutti|
|Licorice Musketeer, Vera||Licorice Musketeer, Saul|
|Peony Musketeer, Martina||Peony Musketeer, Thule|
|Marine Raizer Anchor Arm||Marine Raizer High Torpedo|
|Phoenix Raizer Drill Wing||Phoenix Raizer Flame Wing|
|Ultimate Raizer Mega Flare||Ultimate Raizer Dual Flare|
|Shura Stealth Dragon, Mantoracongo||Shura Stealth Dragon, Daranicongo|
|Battle Sister, Jelly||Battle Sister, Pudding|
|Goddess of the Treasured Mirror, Ohirume||CEO Amaterasu|
|Cracking Beast Tamer||Barking Sky Tiger|
|Bloody Ogre||Frozen Ogre|
|Dudley Moses||Dudley Monti|
|Emerald Blaze||Silver Blaze|
|Ancient Dragon, Magma Armor||Ancient Dragon, Night Armor|
|Ancient Dragon, Tyrannoquake||Ancient Dragon, Tyrannobite|
List of Support CardsEdit
- Blue Storm Cadet, Anosu
- Blue Storm Marine General, Starless
- Blue Storm Soldier, Tempest Boarder
- Mambo Soldier of Blue Storm Armada
- Boardgal Liberator
- Coronagal Liberator
- Evening Rain Liberator, Trahern
- Fire Passion Liberator, Guido
- Huntgal Liberator
- Liberator, Blessing Arrow Angel
- Liberator, Lawful Trumpeter
- Liberator of Dignity, Elidos
- Nailgal Liberator
- Twin Axe Liberator, Bassia
- Perdition Dragon, Tinder Spear Dracokid
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Elham
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Sahar
- Perdition Dragon Knight, Sheer
- Perdition Wyvern, Boom
- Perdition Wyvern, Grue
- Brawler, Fighting Dracokid
- Brawler, Staring Dracokid
- Brawler, Lightning Rider
- Brawler Youjin
- Fledging Phoenix Brawler, Koutenshou
- Military Brawler, Lisei
- Naga Brawler, Kadloo
- Tonfa Wielding Brawler, Aak
- Wild Brawler, Shugi
- Baby's Breath Musketeer, Laisa
- Hydrangea Musketeer, Ivar
- Licorice Musketeer, Saul
- Narcissus Musketeer, Joachim
- Peony Musketeer, Thule
- Advance Party Seeker, File
- Combined Strength Seeker, Locrinus
- Crossbow Seeker, Gildas
- Flail Seeker, Hasbasado
- High Spirit Seeker, Celyn
- Provocation Seeker, Blumenthal
- Shibelgal Seeker
- Seeker, Hartmy
- Seeker, Rune Eagle
- The kanji「双闘」for Legion may be translated as "Dual Battle".
- The kanji「盟友」for Mate may be translated as "Ally".
- Legion 21000's mate active their ability on VC. and 22000 is Cross Ride